Treasure Coast Opticians and Hillmoor Optical offer a wide selection of lens types from single vision to progressive bifocals. Because we are independent and family owned, we have access to many more lens brands and styles than the factory style chain stores.
In addition, we inquire about your daily activities and hobbies so that we may advise you on correct lens selection for your vision needs. We care about your health. We guarantee the right prescription and the perfect fit. Come in Today.
Designer frames include,
- Tiffany & Co.
- Emilio Pucci
- Salvatore Ferragamo
- Maui Jim Sunglasses
- Ralph Lauren Polo
- Fendi, Versace
- Silhouette, Ray Ban
- Costa del Mar
- Marc Ecko
- Colors in Optics
- Juicy Couture
- Vera Bradley
- Lilly Pulitzer
and more including Kid’s frames, Sportswear and Safety eye wear.
• Single Vision: Corrects one vision problem, like nearsightedness or farsightedness. We have thin, thinner and thinnes, as well as digital single vision lenses. Transitions, Polarized and Anti-Glare lenses are available too.
• Multi-Focal: Bifocal and trifocal lenses correct more than one vision problem at the same time, such as nearsightedness and trouble reading. These are available in thin, thinner and thinnest materials as well as Anti-Glare, Transitions, and Polarized.
• Progressives: A little like Bifocal and Trifocal lenses with no visible lines. Over 700 varieties available with Transitions, Polarized and Anti-Glare, as well as thin, thinner and thinnest materials. The differences in these lenses allow our opticians to pick appropriate lenses for your lifestyle, hobbies and work environment.
• Standard Plastic: A lens material often used for mild prescriptions. This is often referred to as CR-39, and has exceptional optical clarity. Very few lenses are made from glass today, since glass is heavier and can shatter, but it is still available.
• High Index Polymers: Additional plastic lens materials fall into this category, in indexes ranging from 1.56 to 1.74 (The higher the number, the thinner the lens.) Used when thinner and/or stronger materials are needed for stronger prescriptions and specialty needs.
• Anti-Reflection of Anti-Glare: This treatment reduces glare and reflections on your lenses, making them virtually invisible. It also reduces the halos and stars from headlights and street lamps at night, making night time vision more comfortable. Crizal is a well known brand with 5 product choices.
• Polarized Lenses: These cut down on visible glare from reflective surfaces like water and snow so you can function well in bright conditions, and see things often hidden by reflected glare.
• UV Protection: Without it, the harmful rays of the sun can damage your eyes and the delicate tissue surrounding the eyes. Make sure your glasses block 100% of both UVA and UVB rays.
• Photochromic Lenses: Combine several features likes protection from UV rays, darkening and lightening with the sun, and comfort from eyestrain and fatigue. Transitions lenses fall into this category. We also carry Transitions Vantage, the new photochromic that turns into a polarized lens as it darkens, and Transitions Xtra a darker version of the original.